Car of the Year Napa Valley
20th Anniversary Edition
We are thrilled and honored to announce the 20th anniversary of our Car of the Year experience in Napa Valley, CA. Lovingly known as COTY, for the past 20 years and counting, RR1 Members have travelled from near and far to Napa Valley to evaluate the most incredible vehicles of each year for one of Robb Report’s biggest and most anticipated annual issues: Car of the Year!
Join an elite group of guests, our acclaimed automotive editor and one of COTY’s original founders Robert Ross, as well as premiere luxury brands in Napa Valley this November. Jump into the driver’s seat as you become a Robb Report editor-for-the-day and test the top luxury and performance automobiles of the coming model year and help crown the title car that is most deserving of winning the prestigious Car of the Year title. The results (and select drivers’ comments) are published in Robb Report’s Car of the Year issue in February 2023.
Please join us as we return to the beautiful Meadowood Resort for our 2-night, 3-day unforgettable luxury automotive escape. On top of a full schedule of high-performance driving, enjoy elegant, world-class dining, exceptional wines and spirits, engagement with premier luxury brands, fascinating thought leaders, designers, and car collectors to speak at our driver’s lunch, and new like-minded friends for this time-tested Robb Report tradition. In honor of the event’s 20th anniversary in Napa Valley, we will take a trip down memory lane to celebrate some of the iconic cars of the past that have shaped the auto industry as we know it today. We can’t wait to welcome you!
November 12-14 (fully committed)
November 14-16 (fully committed)
Settled on a private estate, Meadowood Napa Valley is the center for social, cultural and viticultural life in the Napa Valley, a second home for many who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country and a destination for those seeking the world’s finest culinary and wine experiences. After fires devastated this historic resort in 2020, we are proud to return to Meadowood in support of their renovation and rebuild. The event will take place on the south-end of the property which was largely unaffected.
Hear from previous Car of the Year judges
“Friendships, cars, and hospitality – all superb!”
“An incredible experience. It felt like an adult amusement park. My husband and I giggled like little kids all day long.”
“We were simply blown away by the level of professionalism and detail, while keeping it fun for all participants. Plus, my wife spent the day at the spa so she had no complaints for me dragging her out to drive cars! Thank you for your hospitality.”
“An exquisite event.”
Event Has Passed
Join our mailing list to stay informed.
- 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm Welcome to Meadowood & Wine Tasting
- Location: Robb Report Driver’s Lounge
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm 20th Anniversary COTY Vehicle Preview, reflections of prior contenders and Reception
- Location: Robb Report Driver’s Lounge
- 7:00 pm Robb Report Editorial Briefing on Vehicle Line-up & Dinner
- Location: TBA
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am Breakfast, Driver Briefing & Event Orientation
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm COTY Drive Evaluation & Judging Experience (morning session)
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm Non-driving guest experience – Wine Tasting and local area excursions TBA
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm Driver’s Lunch & Thought Leadership Discussion
- Location: Resort Pool Deck Patio
- 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm COTY Drive Evaluation & Judging Experience (afternoon session)
- 7:00 pm – 10:30 pm Reception, Judging Dinner & spirited conversation about the days competitors
- Location: Premier Napa Valley winery
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am Farewell Brunch
- Location: Famed Croquet Lawn at Meadowood
*Schedule is subject to change
One Driver, No Guest
One Driver, One Non-Driver*
- *Please note, non-drivers are not passengers. Non-drivers will be invited to join another activity during the drive day. If they would like to ride along, they may do so in any vehicle with more than 2 seats as all of the drivers will be paired with other drivers.
- All meals, wines and spirits (not inclusive of food or beverages purchased through your room or separately at the resort)
- All Activities in the schedule
- Accommodations – 1 room per package (up to 2 guests). If you need an additional room or would like to upgrade to a different room, we are happy to offer a preferred price. Additional rooms and upgrades are subject to availability.
Does not include:
- Flights are not included with your package.
- Transportation to and from Meadowood Napa Valley at the start and end of your trip.
Car of the Year Contenders
- Aston Martin DBX707
- Audi RS e-Tron GT
- Bentley Continental GTC-S1
- BMW i7
- Dodge Challenger SRT Jailbreak
- Lucid Air GT Performance
- Maserati MC20
- Mercedes-AMG SL 63
- Mercedes EQS 580 4MATIC SUV
- Rolls-Royce Phantom Series II More vehicles TBD. Vehicle line-up subject to change.